Monday, November 1, 2010

Write Write Write

A lot of bloggers have expertise, or claims of expertise in certain areas. If there is one theme on this blog, it is that I don't have a lot of expertise in the standard ways of the internet. For instance, I don't really know anything about men's designer clothing. Sure, that doesn't seem like a big deal, but for those of you out there who know how many blogs exist solely to talk about fashion you can understand what a big niche this topic is.

For me not knowing about men's designer clothing doesn't pose an issue. If that's what you are looking for, then I have no doubt that you will be able to find a blog that talks about ascots and fitted ties in a heartbeat. This blog is dedicated to whatever is in my head, or rather, whatever isn't in my head. This blog is a cup that I simply pour liquid thoughts into--one can't exactly separate the chocolate from the milk in mid-pour can they?

Most blog writers choose topics that they are knowledgeable about so that they can have some kind of authority. Well since their authority is self-assigned it doesn't really do it for me. I have no claims: I don't know anything, but that isn't going to stop me from writing ALL THE TIME.

No comments:

Post a Comment