Monday, October 18, 2010

I'm Gross, Okay?

As a boy who grew up with three older sisters, all of which are pretty fancy girls, I am surprised that I didn't come out more effeminate that I did. I mean, I am decently feminine in a lot of ways, but I could have been much more affected.

I absorbed a lot of my sister's qualities--too many to get into--but all of the traits they wish I had are the ones that I didn't take to. Most of the time I talk like a speedy valley girl, which I am arguably am, but I have never dressed or looked like one. My sisters all wish that I dressed better and took better care of myself. I know this because they tell me all the time.

There are no trips to the day spa in my future, and it breaks my sisters' hearts. We used to all live near San Diego, and pretty much everyone in our area was obsessed with getting the perfect massage or manicure. I am not really worried about my appearance, which sounds great on paper, as if I am above it or something, but unfortunately nobody likes looking at people who aren't prim and proper. I guess we will see what happens with the rest of my life; maybe my sisters are right.

No comments:

Post a Comment