Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Road Trip!

I am thinking of planning a trip, and I have an idea for where I want to go: Kill Devil Hills. I want to go there because I hear the name of that town all the time, and I just can't believe that it's really called that. My plan is to show up there and interview all the townsfolk about how that name came to be.

I know I will be disappointed, because there is no way that the story will be as tough as the name sounds. It isn't like I'm going to find some old guy and hear him say, "These are the hills that literally murdered the devil back in 1798." Sure that would be awesome, but the story is probably just going to be that some Quakers wanted the town to have a name that let God know they really didn't like the devil. Guess what? He's the devil--we know.

Kill Devil Hills sounds like a decent place to visit, but I don't want to live there--or anywhere. I am trying to get a trip out there in the next few months; does anybody out there want to come with me? It's fine if you don't, I'm just trying to be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment