Monday, October 25, 2010

Young and Old

I am in my mid-twenties. If I had to pick the best part of being decently young it would have to be that I don't need to worry about 2011 medicare supplement insurance. In fact, not only do I not need to worry about it, I don't even have to know what it means. I'll be honest, I could figure out what it means just by looking at it, but I don't think that I'll be going to that much trouble.

As a young person, I am invoking my right to not worry about things that won't concern me until I am older. However, as a trade-off I will be concerned about promoting social change until I get to the age where I realize the futility and join The Man in his crusade against everything. When that happens I will start worrying about getting money for being old and sick.

The bright side is that 2011 medigap plans will never matter to me, because I will still be young during that year. Actually, by the time I am old enough to receive money for being old, the government probably won't have any left. This means that I will never have to worry about it! Looks like I've won this round, Earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment