Monday, August 16, 2010

Cleaning!


Maybe it is strange and maybe it isn't, but I really love cleaning. The prospect of starting a cleaning service has often popped into my head. However, the next thought is: "If I start a cleaning business--making it my job--will all the joy be removed?" And this begs the question of whether or not it is possible to have a job that is also something you love?

Sure I would love being a part of a cleaning service for a while, but then once I have to do it--not at my leisure, for money--it will definitely stop being as fulfilling. Is this because I am now required to do it, or is it something deeper? Is the reasoning that getting paid to do something lessens its emotional value--do we think that if we are getting paid for something, then it must mean that is not fulfilling in any other way? Maybe this is too must thought and analysis for something like starting a cleaning service, but what else am I going to do with my time?

Maybe someday I will move to Hagerstown and start my new business, and then gradually start to hate it. And who knows, perhaps I will always love it, because I seriously love to clean.

1 comment: