Thursday, August 12, 2010

Inception Mechanics

A long time ago I went into an auto repair shop because my car had been leaking something. Since I prefer to play it safe, I took it in to have someone with the right brain look into the problem for me. This is probably what most people would do in this situation.

So I go into the auto repair shop and tell the person at the desk what's up. He tells me they are really busy and I can either make an appointment for tomorrow, or leave my car with them over night. This bums me out because A: I can't leave my car there, and B: I don't want to drive it back home and then back again. I decide to risk it and make an appointment for tomorrow.

I get there the next day right on time. This time the guy tells me that they still don't have time to look at my car. Hey guy, remember when I made an appointment yesterday? That means you wrote my name down during a time when you knew there would be no other work--what did you do to ruin that?

Needless to say those people people did not fix my car. I won't tell you what happened, because I prefer to leave this post open to interpretation. Was it all a dream or not? Do you live in France or Spokane? These questions can never be answered because my local auto repair shop doesn't know how to schedule things.

No comments:

Post a Comment