Thursday, August 26, 2010

Glass Houses

Why can't we put auto glass in the window frames of our houses? I know that the windows on cars have a much more dangerous life than the ones on a house, but that doesn't mean we should let our houses fall into a state of secondary safety. We need to do something about this.

By putting auto glass on our homes, we would be protected from rocks, baseballs, and giant hail. If a car can handle tons of stuff smacking into the windshield while speeding down the freeway, then it should be more than adequate for the windows in my kitchen. I am just thinking of the safety of myself and my roommates--I don't want a stray ball to come smashing through the window, showering us with crazy chunks of glass and danger.

Now that I am thinking about it, it seems downright selfish of the auto glass industry to try and keep this special glass away from homes. I am going to take this all the way to the supreme court in Baton Rouge--that's where they meet, right? Doesn't matter, the point is that I am going to make a change. Start checking the headlines in your morning paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment