Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Old and Tough



I know that the world is full of elderly people who need medical alarms or some other form of emergency savior. However, I do not see it in my life, because my grandpa is like 85 years old and still works a full day. Most old people need some kind of medical alert dialer; they are so fragile that a fall might cause a serious injury. If my grandfather fell he would curse at the Earth and scare it to the point of correcting its crooked axis.

I don't know how he got to be so tough and strong--he smoked for like 60 sixty years and eats a steak once a day. By today's standards that means he should have died when he was sixteen, but here we are. Maybe we will never know what makes some old people tougher than others. All I know is that if I ever gave my Grandpa a medical alarm, he would be so mad that he would press it just so he could fight the response that showed up to help him.

Some old people need a medical alert response system, others just need steaks. Play it by ear to see which one your family's patriarchs and matriarchs need.

2 comments: