Friday, August 27, 2010

Party Rugs

Do you want to know the best reason to buy Oriental Rugs? No, it is not so you can pretend that The Orient is a real place--it is so you can cover up the crap on your carpet instead of hiring someone to clean it! Plus, by buying an Oriental rug and not some cheap old throw rug, your friends will think you are seriously cultured. Think of it--Just by covering up a gross stain, everyone will think you are clean and fancy. I hope the irony isn't lost on all of you.

If I lived in a different city I would definitely invest more money in Oriental rugs. For instance, if I lived in Atlanta I would always have some spare rugs around because I would constantly be throwing crazy parties--it's practically a requirement of the city. My place would get filthy, but I would cover up those spills and stains moments after they appeared.

Covering up a problem and not fixing it is the American way--I hope you are noticing this irony as well. Let me be the first to say that I have no problem covering up problems with temporary solutions. We should all be lucky enough to feel so free.

No comments:

Post a Comment