Monday, August 23, 2010

You Know...




Remember that movie where the old guy from Okinawa makes the kid from New Jersey take on some house painting? Maybe it will help you remember if I mention that the house painting helps the kid learn karate, which in turn helps him win a tournament, respect, and hearts. You got it? You got it.

I didn't want to say the title of the movie because then I would also have to put it in italics, and then say what year it came out--it's only appropriate. There is no way I was going to go through all that when I know that all of you have seen the movie I'm talking about.

But really, did that kid really learn karate from house painting? That's awesome. He could walk through the streets of Atlanta late at night and not even worry about getting attacked. After fighting off some thugs he could explain that all he knows how to do is wash cars and paint houses. Not only would his enemies be literally defeated, but now emotionally defeated as well. After all, that have probably spent a lot of time learning how to kick butts, only to be destroyed by some kid who excels at manual labor.

No comments:

Post a Comment