Thursday, August 12, 2010

A Trip to the Dentist



I was visiting the dentist once when I was about five. The incident is important to note because I bit the dentist's finger so hard that he got a blood blister. What happened was that he told me to bite down, but he still had his fingers in my mouth--I'm five, dude, and I only bite when I'm trying to eat candy, so you need to be more specific about timing and pressure.

The sad thing is that nobody likes the dentist, but at five I didn't care either way. Despite that fact that I tried to bite off my dentist's finger, I have an otherwise clean history for biting. So what does this mean? That people have inborn disdain for the dentist. From San Jose to New York, there is practically no one who enjoys the dentist.

I feel bad that I bit that guy when I was a kid, but not so bad that I'm going to worry about it or anything. I haven't bitten anyone since then, and I don't plan on biting anyone in the near or distant future. I haven't even bitten my dentist since that fateful day. But even though I'm not planning on delivering any bites, that doesn't mean the medical industry should rest easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment