Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Family Ties

My Uncle is a chiropractor. He has his own chiropractic business, and is good at what he does. So what is the downside? That there are like 75 people in my family, and every time we all get together (like 4 times a year) everyone is in his face about getting an adjustment--right there on the floor. Of course he does it, and everyone is happy.

Well it just so happens that I have never asked him for any type of chiropractic service. Not once. It's not that I'm trying to be nice to him--I'm not even nice--I'm just not really into getting massages, adjustments, and the like. So one day we were all sitting around and he was adjusting someone, and I made a joke about how I've never asked him for anything like that. His only response was a quiet, "Thank you." At that moment I knew that I had something to throw in my whole family's collective face at once. Now all I have to do is bide my time and wait for the perfect moment.

Being able to make my family feel selfish all at once is going to be awesome. Every time we see each other we are all constantly trying to find new ways to hurt everyone's feelings--it's great. This joke will be my Graceland.

PS if you can guess where my Uncle is from I'll give you $5. Here is a hint: It isn't Cleveland Heights.

1 comment: