Wednesday, July 28, 2010

A Sign of Things to Come

There is actually a website out in the world that is specifically for hiring sign spinners to hang out in front of your business. You know what I'm talking about--the people in front of Little Caesars who dance around holding pizza signs. Yeah. How is this a real website? You think places are struggling to find sign spinners, so they need your professional help to find the right person? There is even an episode of Flight of the Conchords where this business exists, and THAT is the entire joke.

I guess I just always assumed that the people who gave the worst interviews got the jobs as the human billboards--"You are too weird to talk to the customers, but you would probably be a decent post to hang a sign on." Apparently the process is not that simple. You can't just be inept to be a human arrow, but now you have to join the sign spinner union. Does this mean that one day all the sign people could potentially go on strike at the same time? Would it be the greatest strike of all time, since they are already so good at holding signs, or would nobody care? Hmm.

I just can't understand the world anymore. I refuse to believe that there are people out there who are considered professional spinners, but the world just keeps throwing things like this in my face. I can't sleep anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment