Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Nothing Should Ever Explode

One time I was driving on the freeway and my tire exploded. It was really obnoxious. Luckily I had a job at the time, so instead of driving around on my spare for a year I went to the local tire dealer and fixed the problem. Guess what though? Tires cost a ton of money. My exploding tire was the gift that kept on giving.

If tires are going to cost as much as they do, then they should NEVER EXPLODE. That seems like an easy enough guarantee for any kind of product, unless its sole purpose is to explode--then it's fine. Am I asking too much of my local tire dealer? I don't think so. We live in a modern time where things don't just explode all the time like they used to. This isn't The Jungle* so I shouldn't have to be worried about being killed by everything that surrounds me.

From New York to Knoxville, tires explode everyday. No one ever enjoys it, so hopefully they stop doing that pretty soon. The freeway is a dangerous enough place as it is, and adding anything explosive to the mix does not seem necessary. So please, tire industry, be a little more cool about everything.


*The italics mean that I'm referring what Upton Sinclair wrote, and not what Rudyard Kipling wrote about.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear man that you had your tire explode. That is no fun at all. I still have yet to have that experience happen, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen since I have a new car.

    ReplyDelete