Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm not businessman. That's it.

Being someone who is not involved in the business world is the proudest aspect of my life. I hear business conversations all the time and I couldn't be happier that it's so over my head. IT outsourcing? I have no idea what that is. Virtual CFO? That is probably a movie; a bad one. Business terms can be stressful, and they are just one of the reasons I choose to steer clear of the business world. That and I don't like wearing suits.

If I ever started a job and someone brought up bookkeeping to me, I would quit before their sentence was over. I wouldn't even have to think about it either, it would just be a natural response--it's called fight or flight, people. I am happy somewhere in the middle of society, but if I had to pick a side--meaning some kind of rich businessman or someone who lives in the woods--it would be the side where I didn't have to talk about taxes all the time. Or pay them.

Some people might call me crazy, but that is just how I know that they're crazy. Maybe they just think I'm one of the Lost Boys--Peter Pan's, not the vampires--because I never want to be a system admin. Once again, I don't even know what that is. Does "admin" stand for administrator? I'll tell you one thing: if by some series of events I do become some kind of boss-man, the first thing I'll do is get rid of unnecessary abbreviations. You are not tricking anyone into thinking you're more efficient by using less syllables.

No comments:

Post a Comment