Friday, September 24, 2010

Hidden Sickness

When I was younger I had to go to the optometrist all the time. It was definitely something that I didn't like doing, and for me it was the same as going to the doctor or dentist. I think just being in any kind of place where you are physically checked is cause enough for stress.

Now that I am older I plan on never going to the optometrist again. Some people that I am being irresponsible, but I don't even care about those people. They can go back to Baldwinsville, or some other made-up city. My eyes are okay, and so I am going to enjoy this time away from the optometrist.

For some reason I just don't like the doctor. The whole time I am in there I feel like I am going to get the worst news, and when I get good news at the end, all I can think is: "What? Yeah--I already knew that." As long as I feel fine I am not going to be worried about getting sick. People only get checked because some diseases hide for a long time. Well if it's hiding I don't want to wake it up. Plus the diseases that sneak up you tend to be deadly no matter what, so at least I wouldn't have to stress out about it this way.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you do a have a point about some of the really bad diseases hiding until they are just about to kill you, but at least with eye stuff you'll know if something is up pretty easily. You don't go to an optometrist when you can see really well, I'm sure eye cancer is pretty easy to spot.

    ReplyDelete