Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I Am Not a Doctor

I did not go to medical school. Just in case that was not apparent as I write a blog about nothing... now it is very clear. Anyway, since I did not go to medical school I do not have access to any kind of web based EMR system. That is just fine with me, but as a doctor I would feel pretty proud that people trusted me enough to have access to a database that had everyone's medical history on it.

I wonder if when a doctor meets a nice young lady, or a handsome gentleman, they access the EMR system to see if they... you know... have anything. In fact, I wonder if that is even something they are not supposed to do. They should totally do that. Sure the system was setup to help patients by giving doctors access too their entire medical history at the click of a button, but this is pretty important too.

What better way to stop the spread of disease than by... ummm--preemptively stopping the spread of disease. I think if the database can help a doctor in anyway (aside from monetarily) then its use should be completely fine. However, I am not a doctor so I have no idea what I am talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment