Thursday, September 9, 2010

My Mom and Furniture

My mom loves buying furniture. The routine is that we always go into the store as a family and sit on everything they have. Then we come back with which ones we think are the most comfy and see if any of them look like something my mom would want to buy. Sadly, the new trend of sales is heading into things like online furniture stores.

I don't think my mom will ever get into the idea of buying online furniture, and I hope for her sake that they don't take over the entire furniture industry. She would be so sad if we didn't get to take a family trip to the furniture store and pick out all of our favorites. She really loves those little jaunts to the store.

Online stores--even online furniture stores--are taking over the business world. Everybody wants to just sit in their house and order things from the anonymity that being inside all day affords us. I can understand that, since I really do hate dealing with salespeople and the like, but at the same time, I don't want everything in the world to be hidden in the home. To be honest I don't really care--people can do whatever they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment