Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Summer Words

I have spent a pretty decent chunk of my life studying English. I also spent a good amount of time in summer camps (kind of). Can you see where I am going with this? I hope you can, or else the surprising existence of English summer camps might be too much for you to handle.

ESL SUMMER CAMPS
! Seriously, when I was a kid I would have been so into that idea. Now, I know that these camps aren't teaching the kind of English that I am used to, meaning they are teaching English as a second language, but I would still like to go and learn. Like any of us could know all of the basic grammar rules anyway, right? Plus I would have gotten to do fun summer camp activities while I was learning.

People hate to learn--it's a hard fact. This is why people must sometimes be tricked into learning by surrounding it with things like horseback riding and canoeing. Those things are totally fine with me, and even though I love to learn I would still prefer knowledge by way of summer camp. I barely even go outdoors these days, and it is solely because there is no one out there combining my opposing interests in the best ways--until now!

No comments:

Post a Comment