Monday, September 13, 2010

Magic Kids

Just last night my friend's car was overheating. Luckily* we were all at a show so he was able to come and get a few of us and ask to come out and take a look. We all walked out together, confident in our auto repair skills. After we stared at his engine for about two minutes we all came to the same conclusion: "Umm. Yeah, I don't see anything wrong with it."

The subtle art of auto repair is something that many of us think we knowing something about, but that is not always the case. I realized that if it is not changing a tire or playing with some of the fluids then I am not exactly sure what to do. In fact, even if the auto repair job has to do with changing tires and playing with fluids it will still take me some time to remember the right way to do things.

I can't remember if the hub of the auto world is Detroit or Minneapolis, but either way I am not a part of it. Maybe I should start learning more about cars so that I will be able to help myself and my friends when our vehicles kick the bucket.

*It is clear now that "luckily" is not the right word.

No comments:

Post a Comment