Friday, September 10, 2010

Weird Bermuda Stuff

Hey Bermuda. did you really name one of your Cities Kill Devil Hills? Word on the street is that you did, so I was just wondering if the rumors were all true. You did? Okay... No it's fine, I just wanted to to know.

You won't believe what I just heard from Bermuda: They have a city named Kill Devil Hills. They must have sat down at a town meeting and the mayor suggested that "We shouldn't give this a city a boring name--it needs to be more like a poorly constructed sentence, and if we could throw the Devil in there somewhere I'd be all for it... No it doesn't have to be positive--we can mention killing him or something." Mayor of the year--I'm sure vacation rentals have been at an all time high since they made that name official.

I don't really know what else to say. I mean, it isn't like they don't know that's the name of their town. Maybe it's one of those things where if you have heard and said the name a million times it has just all other meaning aside from being the name of the town. I can believe that, I just don't want that name to ever lose its weird meaning.

2 comments: