Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Shell Stuff

A lot of my family lives near the ocean. This is great for my little nieces and nephews, who can find unlimited activities at the beach. For adults there is either swimming or laying out--really fun. For little kids everything from sand to sea shells are amazing. I know, right? Those things aren't even cool or fun, but little kids love them anyway.

I will admit that shell crafting is pretty popular with the younger kids in my family, and I will also admit that it looks like the least fun thing I can imagine. As long as my nieces and nephews are having fun that is all I really care about. If they want to play with shells then we can all play with shells. I figured that I might as well enjoy it with them, because I would have to do what they want regardless of how I feel.

One day when they are all older maybe they will realize what a great uncle I was, and then we can finally start doing things that I like. I don't know if they will like reading, cooking, and sitting, but there is only one way to find out. Get ready. OK.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure they already realize you are a great uncle. ps- seashells ARE cool. ;)

    ReplyDelete