Wednesday, September 29, 2010

What's Up, THE FUTURE?

There are a lot of movies out and stories that predict a future filled with robots and and other ridiculous technologies. I was getting pretty mad that the world was not reflecting this crazy sci-fi life--that is until the electric cigarette came out.

Seriously can anyone think of a crazier item to make electronic? Cigarettes deal with fire and smoke, the two least digital things I can think of. Yet here we are, smoking electronic cigarettes and getting a binary buzz going. The electric cigarette, or E cig (haha), is actually something that I have seen people smoking, so I can testify to their reality.

I can also testify to the reality of the future being NOW. If people can find a way to make smoke electric what's next? Electric children? I have no idea what the future will hold, but I think it is safe to say that all of humanity's vices will become electric first, just so we don't miss out on any during transition periods--like the singularity. Maybe alcohol will go digital next. I saw an iphone app once that made it look like someone was drinking a beer if they tilted the phone toward their mouth. I can't wait until that app stops being nice and starts getting real.

No comments:

Post a Comment